Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16 Reflection

We discussed how the union v. management activity went last week and what we got out of it. I could tell that it made a difference when the two sides communicated and when the teams communicated rather than one person for either side made a decision. With these types of scenarios it's very important to try to get as close to a win-win so that there will be more trust and also if it ends up being a lose-lose i.e the labor union "wins" but the company goes under because they can't handle the budget increase so the laborers lose their jobs anyway. You have to communicate with each other otherwise you can't create trust.

We also talked about what supervisors should and should not do to discourage unions. I can see that where I work is pretty much doing it all right.

1 comment:

  1. I liked how he talked about having a mediator, who tried to talk to the Union and the Companies, to come to an agreement. That seems like it would work. You are awesome, btw!

    ReplyDelete