What I got out of class today is that we need to document, document, document. Everything. Have some sort of tracking record for your employees for conduct, work ethic, injuries, timeliness, productivity. Be prepared to have to be a jerk. I mean this in the way that you can't give someone missed opportunity after missed opportunity where they screw up and aren't learning from their mistakes, because it can come back and bite you. People are awesome sometimes. Some people are just amazing when you try to give them opportunities and chances and they just don't want to take them, but man if you decide you've had enough they will make your life a living hell and try to ruin you for not being understanding or for discrimination or some other ludicrous claim, take it to court and get that judge who accepted the lawsuit against McD's and their suprisingly hot coffee.
I can see why employers can get so cynical.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great opening posts/reflections. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete